|Version 13 (modified by mari@…, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Database File System
This library contains a custom file system for EPiServer where files and directories are stored in a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 database. For enterprise solutions, this means that you do not have to syncronize files between servers in a web farm.
- Supports standard VPP security
- Supports meta data on files
- Uses caching for improved performance
- Can replace existing file systems (using built-in conversion tool)
- Can be used for PageFiles as well
- Perfect for team development and load balanced environments
- Searching files in edit mode is not supported
- Versioning of files is not supported
Install the DataBaseFileSystem using module installation inside EPiServer Deployment Center or by downloading the source projects.
You can download the module installer here.
If you want to work with the source code, check out the source with TortoiseSVN EPiCode.DataBaseFileSystem/5.x. You need to add the following projects to your solution: EPiCode.DatabaseVirtualPathProvider and EPiCode.DatabaseVirtualPathProvider.FileSystemTools.
You can also:
Installation and Configuration
If you want to convert an existing file system, follow the steps below. If you only want to add a new database VPP, skip step 2 (do remember to add a <location name="..." > in your web.config file too).
- Run the SqlScripts.sql (located in /EPiCode/DatabaseFileSystem folder) on your EPiServer database
- Under Tools menu in admin mode, select "Virtual Filesystem Tools". Under "Convert File System" select file system to convert (source) and database connectionstring name, before hitting the 'Convert' button.
- Do necessary configuration changes in your web.config:
Before:<add showInFileManager="true" virtualName="Global Files" virtualPath="~/Global/" bypassAccessCheck="false" indexingServiceCatalog="Web" physicalPath="C:\EPiServer\VPP\MyEPiserver\Global" name="SiteGlobalFiles" type="EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider,EPiServer" />
After:<add showInFileManager="true" virtualName="Global Files" virtualPath="~/Global/" bypassAccessCheck="false" name="SiteGlobalFiles" connectionStringName="EPiServerDB" type="EPiCode.DatabaseVirtualPathProvider.VirtualPathDatabaseProvider, EPiCode.DatabaseVirtualPathProvider" />
- EPiServer CMS 5 R2 SP2 (not tested against earlier CMS 5 versions, but feel free to try it. Recompilation is necessary.)
- SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008
- Visual Studio .NET 2008 if you want to compile the source
This module was originally developed by Einar Krokan. It has been migrated to CMS 5 by Propeople.
This code is unsupported, use at your own risk. Use the ticket system if you have questions.