Loading...

All project content is available for reading, but you need to be a member of the project for Subversion checkout of source code, or to create/modify any information.
Login if you are a member. Apply here to request membership (open to all).

Ticket #266 (new question)

Opened 6 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

Sub domain and caching

Reported by: magne.ingvaldsen@… Owned by: miroslaw.jedynak@…
Priority: major Component: MobileUrlRewriter
Keywords: Cc:

Description

I am implementing you great module, using AgentBasedSubDomainMatchingUrlRewriteRule with prefix m.

I am having some problems related to sub domain and caching. If i first visit m.somedomain.com, I get as expected the mobile version of my site. If I then visit somedomain.com, I also get the mobile version. After a couple of refreshes, I get the standard version. Then i try m.somedomain.com again, and then i get the standard version here also, expected mobile version.

I tried disabling output caching, but that did not help. Have you encountered this before, any tips?

Thanks.

Change History

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by miroslaw.jedynak@…

I think it's more related to friendly url caching (bug in EPiServer?).

To verify if it's the reason try

 <providers>
      <add name="RuleBasedUrlRewriteProvider"
            description="My provider supporting multiple templates"
            innerProvider="FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider"
            type="MakingWaves.Common.EPiServer.UrlRewriting.RuleBasedUrlRewriteProvider,MakingWaves.Common.EPiServer.UrlRewriting"/>
       <add name="FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider" decription="..." type="..." friendlyUrlCacheAbsoluteExpiration="0:0:10" />
      ...
    </providers>

Note:

  • friendlyUrlCacheAbsoluteExpiration="0:0:10"
  • innerProvider="FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider"

Make sure you use latest version:)
Please let me know if it helps

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by magne.ingvaldsen@…

Wow! Thanks for a very quick answer :)

Sorry, I should have pointed out that we are running on CMS 6.0.530.0. I do not make the decision regarding an upgrade, so an upgrade is not possible.

Is this a valid solution also my scenario, or do I need another workaround?

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by miroslaw.jedynak@…

Ok. I understand it's reasonable...

Could you please try test it to verify if it heled? If it does not work then we can look for workaround.

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by magne.ingvaldsen@…

It helped a bit! Now I never get the mobile version on somedomain.com, but I still need to refresh m.somedomain.com some times before my mobile version is displayed after visiting somedomain.com.

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by miroslaw.jedynak@…

Could please give me version number of MobileUrlRewriter to use. I will try to invesigate it deeper and will get back to you

comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by magne.ingvaldsen@…

I use the version in MakingWaves.MobileUrlRewriting/branches/1.0_6R1

Thanks for a great module and support =)

comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by magne.ingvaldsen@…

Update.

I took the latest version, and changed the reference to EPiServer CMS 6.0.530.0 and removed the preferred Culture parameter. Looks like that fixed the issue for me.

Note: See HelpUser/Tickets for help on using tickets.