Loading...

All project content is available for reading, but you need to be a member of the project for Subversion checkout of source code, or to create/modify any information.
Login if you are a member. Apply here to request membership (open to all).

Ticket #178 (closed defect: fixed)

Opened 8 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

Issue with ACL

Reported by: mari@… Owned by: andyturl@…
Priority: major Component: EasySearch
Keywords: EasySearch, acl Cc:

Description

I'm having trouble getting any search hits, and I think it's related to user rights. My site requires authentication for all pages (Everyone has no rights in my site).

If I run GetQuery() with bypassAcl=true the search works as it should, same goes for searching from admin.

With bypassAcl=false, here is the query that is sent to Lucene:

"{!+easysearch_primarycontent_en:nbim +(easysearch_acl:uxmari easysearch_acl:rxadministrators easysearch_acl:rxdellm4400\none easysearch_acl:rxeveryone easysearch_acl:rxnt\ authority\authenticated\ users easysearch_acl:rxnt\ authority\network easysearch_acl:rxnt\ authority\ntlm\ authentication easysearch_acl:rxnt\ authority\this\ organization easysearch_acl:rxusers)}"

If I test different queries via admin tool the following works:

!+easysearch_primarycontent_en:nbim +(easysearch_acl:rxadministrators*)

while this doesn't:

!+easysearch_primarycontent_en:nbim +(easysearch_acl:uxmari easysearch_acl:rxadministrators)

Change History

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by andyturl@…

Hi Mari,
What does your easysearch_acl field look like for an indexed page? Also, is the field tokenised?

-Andrew Turley

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by mari@…

The acl field typically looks like this: rxadministrators uxwebeditors. It has tokenized set to false.

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by andyturl@…

I think it's because the acl field isn't tokenised. Can you update from SVN and try reindexing again and seeing if the ACL field is tokenised and whether your query works after it. There was an incorrect change in the code to add the ACL field that added it as un_tokenised when it should be tokenised.

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by mari@…

Updating from SVN made the field tokenised, and fixed my issue. I did however discover a bug when indexing, which I fixed in changeset [1267]

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by andyturl@…

  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

Great, I'm glad that sorted it.

Thanks for the change to ContentPreviewGenerator, I made a hasty fix to it before as it was leaving open <html> tags occasionally.

Note: See HelpUser/Tickets for help on using tickets.